Danny & I have to wait a little while until we finalize an adoption because we just found out that I am pregnant. We were so close to being in the final stages of adopting so we are naturally a little disappointed but at the same time are excited about having another child. We do plan on adopting in the near future after the health of the baby & I are stable (and let's be realistic, when we know finances are back to how they should be). I have to take a new medicine that is not harmful to the baby and it is surprisingly expensive (even the generic form that I was so excited to hear was available now)! I am nervous about having a "high risk" pregnancy but my trust is in the Lord. Whatever happens, we know that God works all things for our good and ultimately/more importantly for His glory.
Thank you for supporting us through the adoption process and we will update periodically to let you know when we are back on track to adopt :)
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Our final home study was completed today. I never received a letter regarding my finger prints so I am resubmitting my prints within the next week or so; they told me the second time around is faster, we'll see. Danny & I have to be tested for Tuberculosis, so I have to call the 18th century to see where we need to go (just kidding, apparently it's not too uncommon). I finished creating our profiles using SnapFish. Once those are received, they can be shown to birth families and then we just wait to be chosen (could be months or years). Oh, and then there's the little $13,000 that we have to come up with. I know that God will provide a way for this to happen if it is His plan for us, so I am trying to not worry.